StFX ATHLETICS VARSITY ATHLETICS
Stay tuned for employment opportunities available for specific StFX varsity teams, such as student managers and video coordinators. As job openings become available they will be posted here.
Student Manager - X-Women Basketball
Do you feel passionately about game of basketball? Do you have a passion for working with varsity athletes or want to pursue a career in the Athletic field? If your answer is yes then we need YOU! The StFX Women’s Basketball Team is in search of a goal oriented, enthusiastic and responsible student of the Xaverian community to work as the teams official Student Manager. Not only will you gain hands-on experience within the athletic field, you will play a special role in our pursuit of an AUS championship!
- Be available to work between the hours of 5:00pm – 9:00pm for the academic semester, excluding exam periods.
- Be available to work on home game days or travel with the team to away games in regular and post-season play.
- Report to the Head Coach of the Women’s Basketball team.
- Work alongside members of the Coaching staff and Athletic Therapy staff
- Abide by all rules and regulations pertaining to staff and members of StFX Varsity Athletics
There is a financial stipend available for the position of Student Manager in fulfilling these duties, and all travel expenses will be covered as being a part of the team. Contact Lee Anna Osei at email@example.com if you are interested in being a part of a family of Xcellence this season!
StFX ATHLETICS GAME DAY STAFF
The StFX Department of Athletics is now accepting applications for the following positions for each varsity sport (football, soccer, rugby, basketball & hockey) for the 2018-19 varsity season:
- Sport Coordinator
- Promotions Announcer
- Game Day DJ
- Ticket Scanner
- 50/50 Seller
- Game Announcer
- Webcast Play-by-Play Announcer
- Webcast Colour Commentary Announcer
- Webcast Technician
- Game Videographer
- Score Clock Operator
- Statistician Spotter
- Sports Journalist
- Hockey Penalty Box
- Hockey Goal Judge
Application form can be found by Clicking Here.
All game day event staff positions are part-time positions available September – February, with the work taking place primarily on weeknights and weekends during the varsity season. These positions are sport-specific, therefore successful candidates must be very familiar with the playing rules and regulations of the sport to which the role applies. Experience playing and/or coaching the sport is an asset. Candidates should be quick thinking, adaptable, attentive and confident in their performance in a fast-paced varsity game setting. Some roles require candidates to be computer efficient or possess technical skills. Training will be provided for all positions where needed and we are seeking individuals of any age who are eager, willing to learn and be a part of the varsity athletics game management and/or sports information team for both the current and future varsity seasons.
Applicants must fill out a StFX Athletics staff application form and submit a resume with their application. Application forms and resumes may be mailed to: StFX Department of Athletics, PO Box 5000, Antigonish, NS, B2G 2W5, faxed to (902) 867-2455, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off to the Athletic Department main office.
StFX ATHLETIC THERAPY
The StFX Athletic Therapy department provides an opportunity for students to be involved with varsity sports as Student Therapists. These student therapists are hired by the athletic therapists from the Human Kinetics program after their second year of university. Each student is assigned a team for which they are responsible for the day to day taping and care of the team. The student therapists will travel with the teams and take care of the varsity athletes while they are on the road. This position is generally two years in length. For more information on becoming a Student Therapist, contact StFX Athletics Head Therapist Tara Sutherland at 867-2231 or email@example.com.
Currently over 100 students per year are involved in the organization and administration of the StFX Intramural program as activity supervisors, sport officials, scorekeepers and timekeepers. StFX Intramurals wants to involve as many students as possible - the more students involved in student programming the better! Whether you want to gain some valuable leadership experience, add to your resume, earn some extra money, or just be involved in an exciting area of university life, come see us at the StFX Intramural Office. All applications should be dropped off at the Intramural office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
StFX Recreation is one of the largest student employer on campus, hiring over 150 students each year to provide leadership in our many programs. Students work part-time in a variety of positions, such as:
• Wellness Centre Floor Staff • Red Cross First Aid Instructors
• Group Fitness Leaders • Lifeguards/WSI
• Yoga Instructors • Personal Trainers
• Summer Camp Councilors
• Welcome Desk Membership & Facility Clerks
Benefits of Employment:
• Great training & development.
• Flexible and accommodating work schedules.
• Opportunities for leadership and advancement.
Although responsibilities and expectations differ for each position, ALL Recreation student positions are governed by the following general expectations:
• Commitment to customer service and cultural diversity, demonstrated through treating all individuals with integrity, dignity, and worth.
• Willingness to learn.
• Maturity and reliability in performing all job functions.
To apply, please send a cover letter, indicating your job preference(s), along with a resume, and send to email@example.com, or drop off application in person to the StFX Welcome Desk. For more information on specific jobs, please contact the appropriate supervisor:
• Gerry Balcom, Manager, Recreation & Club Sports, 902-867-2182, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bethany Theuerkauf, Recreation & Aquatics Coordinator, 902-867-3925, email@example.com
• Mary-Leigh MacIntyre, Welcome Desk Team Lead, 902-867-5343, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Joe DeCoste, Intramurals & Wellness Centre Team Lead, 902-867-3642, email@example.com